Friday, July 07, 2006

Destiny


So my job here at Omega
is in Reception
basically my department checks in every stressed New Yorker
after three hours of traffic
and no food
then we get them ready
on prepare them
through maps keys and our database system
to become actualized
in one Two Day Seminar
How Very....

I am so thankful for my de-escalation skills
and mostly the time goes fast
apparently this is a premium gig
computer access and air conditioning
it's no cleaning toilets i'll tell you
but it does get hectic

Today I am here for an eight hour shift
no break
it is "Transition Day" so new seminars for the weekend begin
see www.eomega.org for more info in you are curious
but lets just say
My favorite titles for workshops are a tie this weekend
"Tango with the Buddha" and "Beyond Basketball" are my personal favs

So I met this 82 year old woman this week
From France now living in Florida
and she has been everywhere done everything
just so cute in her scarves and outfits and accent
She came to take an Immersion in Spanish class
How amazing, a new language at her stage in life
Reminds me of my own dear Gma
So when she was saying Aideu
She reminded me by telling me her own story
That we all have a Destiny

Wham Bam Whoosh
thats right
Destiny
I haven't thought of this in a very long time
I have had a strong Faith in that I have one
even though it is an ambiguous concept
and it might be blind faith
but something in her wise ways gave me that belief again
and when I think about this
I take a deep breath
and realize that all I need to do is remain quieted so that I can hear the directions
taking me where I am supposed to be
with who
and the why will be discovered

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home