Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sing it out lady

So I sang last night
in front of people
Haven't done that in a few years
Everyone is always encouraging this
I used to sing a lot
and well might I add
I was in bands in College and High School
Cheezy but true
and yes I was the lead singer

Sang competitively when I was little
My Mom diciplined me with singing lessons and
singing/dancing competitions
And I usually won
I loved it and had a great gift for this
But for reasons I let this part of me
Atrophy
I have been desiring this gift again
And now it is back in full on force

We went to my Step Sister's friends house last night
way deep in NY country
For a party they have two times a year
bunch of great people mostly from NYC
Where they basically play music for three days straight
It was intoxicating
And they are some great musicians
beautiful sweet spontaneous soulful sounds

So there were a bunch of mike's
and Celeste just encouraged me to get up there
My step brother Tony was playing drums, he is really really good
Used to play for the Harlem Gospel Choir
a chump he is not

Was a little slow and soft at first
Then bellow bellow roar
and it felt great

I have to improve my range through practice
cause right now I'm a little Stevie Nicks/Grace Slick
not to diss the goddesses'
but it's very raspy

Anyway this was one of my big goals this summer
To get this started again
and wow it feels great
I've only been practicing in the car
with all the good radio stations they have here

My throat hurts but for good reasons
And I tackled one of my "fears" head on unexpectedly
with a quickness
yayayayayayayayay

New Moon Intention:
As I head into Rhinebeck today
I ask that I remain open strong and protected
To what ever this desire calling mission is
And that I touch as well as allow to be touched
to the lessons gifts insight blessings
that have called me to this time and place
with grace strength and love

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Miboni said...

Right on sista!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big yeah yeah's from over here too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home