Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice

Today is the first day of summer
It began here early for me on the East Coast
and I was able to enjoy the early summer sun
Trees birds deer and gypsy moths
thats right
gypsy moths
I forgot these suckers existed

I've been listening to them all week munch out the trees
Yes you can actually hear them eating
crunch crunch crunch
For those of you not familiar with these creatures
They are ugly fuzzy long things, look like fuzzy centipedes
And they are everywhere, all over, and so are their droppings
Anyway I won't spend much more time on this
Except to say I am pist they call them "gypsy" moths
obviously an overt connotation to something derrogatory about my culture

I haven't been writing
First I took an intentional break off the computer
Way too connected to my box of letters and colors
Needed to get "off the grid" with the exception
of a few neccessary notes
Also, I've only had a dial up connection
I'd rather not have a computer actually if this is how I have to use it
Actually I'd rather poke my eyes out with forks to be honest
( i know so drama)
but also I am using my Parent's computer and can't upload pics
And I have tons of them to show

But maybe it's better that I am still right now
Keep this here for me
I will catch you up a bit though:
Got a car, love love love it~ an 96 Nissan Altima yet to be named...
Have been up and down and up again on the coast
Spent some time with my Gma in Connecticut
Now I am at my Father's in Pennsylvania
Very beautiful rural village
I swim write walk listen to music read read read pack pack pack
and pack some more
My new tent came and I love it
I am still peaceful calm and happy

I go to Omega next Monday

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Miboni said...

Awesome - so much freedom with a car...

Spent time with Smesh yesterday, it's good - we'll take care of her here.. best we can without you. We miss you.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Scott and Christie said...

I miss you all too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home