Saturday, June 10, 2006

Belmont Stakes









My Mom turned sixty this May
She's doing real good for an old broad (te he he)
She is a very unique lady
Classy Elegant Graceful
Loves her kids, College Basketball
And Horses
She is all about the Horses
Raising them racing them
Jockey's and their Trainers
And she knows EVERYTHING
She out talks like the best of them
with her horse smarts
So for the BIG DAY IN MAY
We sent her to the Preakness
Which is a big big horse race in Baltimore Maryland
We also wanted to surprise her with a party
But wouldn't ya know it~
almost as the invitations were to go out
She made it very clear
That on that day
It was all about the Belmont Stakes

OMG said I during my move as my sister called me from her visit to my Grandfathers gravesite where my Mom broke the tragic news to us
what are we to do
So my wacky brother (featured here in his I Heart Mom T Shirt I made him wear as a joke)
came up with

Lets surprise her at the Belmont Stakes


Now any Gathering in Long Island should be outlawed
Completely ridiculous
Especially on a day where there is a Yankee Game
A logistical disaster
We finally found eachtoher on Race six
And surprise she said hello everyone
And then went off to make her bets
And she won
12 outta 13 races
OUTTA CONTROL

I used to hate horse racing
I sat in the corner reading my book when my Mom first took me to the Meadowlands
Since then
I have grown into it out of respect and neccesity to save my sanity in this family
I even visited Kentucky with her and all the horse farms
They are quite beautiful creatures
Graceful Fast and Very Clever

in the end
after all the planning
confusion
and peanuts
Indeed it was a great day

Happy Birthday Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home