Friday, July 21, 2006

Arts Week







This week is ARTS week at Omega
I can't even begin to explain the extravaganza
Gorgeous beautiful Intense
We have Trapeeze
yes real Trapeeze
People pushing their boundaries and flying through the air
With the greatest of ease
I signed up for the Lottery for the opporutunity to do this
and was thankful that my name was NOT called te he he
I am so afraid of heights
but I guess that is the point!

We have Touch Painting by Deborah Koff Chapin
She has done "Soul Cards" and created this kind of painting
to make it accessable to everyone
I have been using this deck as Tarot for years
Met her and painted with her today
This meant so much to me
It was amazing to share this with her
she really appreciated it
even though I kinda stalked her te he he
This is me with her in her class and some of my artwork
After drawing Spirals ( ;), M ) the whole time
She asked us to pick one of her cards
which one did I pick?
the spiral...
The Universe is a Wonderful Place.

We had a puppet procession
with the members of the Puppetry class
Here is some pics of us being goofy
and then it was off to the Student Pagent
Where we opened up with Gospel
(pics in previous post)
Shook the place to the core!

Wednesday I also had an opportunity
to take part of Maureen Flemmings Dance Class
She teaches a method called
Dancing the Internal Body
Felt a lot like Modern/Yoga/Pilates
very interesting and inspiring
she's a great dance instructor

Life is good dear readers
Life is good


ps
"Your pain is breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding"
Kahlil Gibran
The Prophet

I am off to a traditional Native American Sweat Lodge this evening
Pray that I am able to breathe and face my fear of enclosed spaces

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home