Sunday, April 16, 2006

View From Above



April 15th
Horoscope:
Encourage your spirit to grow. Assume that you have everything you already need, and see what possibilities that opens up for you, mentally, physically and spiritually. This type of belief in yourself will carry you toward victory.

That is absolutely how I lived this weekend.
Absolutely.
Had a huge amount of errands to run on Saturday, that my usual car, the 21 Hayes bus, couldn't really help me with. City Car Share to the rescue. This program is amazing people~ http://www.citycarshare.org/index.jsp, if you don't have a car, and you are in SF, it is an absolute must. What a great program. Anyhow, had huge boxes of books and clothes and stuff to deal with. Moving is a lot ya'll. Really. Sent my first box off to Pennsylvania which fell apart on the way into the post office. Trying not to be superstitious about that at all. But I did get a front row parking space. So that cancels it out, right? Tried to sell all my books. Sniff sniff that kills me. Hate giving up books. Aardvarks only gave me $8.00 for a few of them. So I turned that around into something special, and gave then to this guy in the bookstore obviously down on his luck. See, he had a big ole smile and he was wearing a special Santa hat. Gotta give it to him for spirit, and gave him the rest of my books to sell on the street. Hope he makes more than eight bucks.

Lenira my dear friend and I then shot down the coast to Half Moon Bay to have dinner at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company there which was so great, right on the water with cozy fire places. Loved to catch up with her and had a very strong beer before going to this enchanted retreat center down the street for Kirtan. It was in this amazing dome/sanctuary with dragons and mermaids on the outside, just completely out of this world. It was nice to seek refuge on this holy holiday weekend with others worshipping, singing and chanting (which is the short version of what Kirtan is).

We left a bit early and decided we needed some music and fire. Firedrums to the rescue. We made it through the rain to my very special beach where every year they have amazing fire performers and drummers from all around the world at our very special spot in Santa Cruz. It was so lovely to be there again and see familiar faces and smell the ocean. It's been a while, as Chris introduced me to this magical place, and since our break, I haven't been back unfortunately. Chris was so warm and welcoming, it's been nice to connect with him again . We were really able to put some time in this week to honor our past time together, and he made our few hours there very wonderful. Dancing to the music and watching the drums was something I so so needed this weekend. I miss dancing and made an commitment to do this more regularly.

On the long ride home, Lenira and I who had had our usual run of amazing conversations earlier,were content to listen to classical and really cheezy love songs. I had some time out of the city, feeling very peaceful and content, and was thinking a lot about Easter and Passover and this holy weekend. I love the symbolism and the concept of re-birth,which are symbolized as eggs and the Easter Holiday in general. It's a lot more to me than Bunnies and fake plastic grass. I am really in a place where despite all the swooping changes I am creating, I am very present and grounded and calm and really feeling in a place of peace. I know that this is my choice, just as being frantic and crazy and loosing it is a choice. I am happy with my choices right now..

And these pictures, to round off my weekend, were taken from brunch today with my Aunt Carole and Uncle Tom, visiting from the OC. Went to the Hilton Cityscape for an incredibly decadent and indulgent brunch. Way to much champange ya'll. I felt like a cream puff afterwards to walked home through my beautiful city during the one hour of no-rain that we had. Can you see the rainbow in the picture? It's there, I promise!

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Miboni said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home