Monday, April 10, 2006

Off The Wall in The Fillmore








"How would your life be different if you learned how to love and respect your body as though it were your own precious creation, as vauable as a beloved friend or child? How would you treat yourself differently? " Christiane Northrup, M.D.



I quit my gym membership today. My last day will be May 10th.
Actually, I want to thank the SCHMUCK who wouldn't let me do it over the phone. Because of you, SCHMUCK, I very well might look decent in my bathing suit this summer. Spent yesterday and today there, doing my elliptical machine, stretching, and Pilates classes. I feel so incredible when I do more for my body.
And oooh, my core is feeling so so good! I love my gym, very diverse. Lil' ol Asian and Russian ladies in packs running around, mixed in with the jocko's, gay and straight and everything else, girl gym bunnies, and gym derelicts like me. Most of all I really love my walk to and from the gym. It's close to my house and work, which is why I pay through the ass to be there! See my styley new sneakers? This was their virgin voyage!

The Fillmore is one of, if not my Most Favorite neighborhood in the city. After some serious violence, it is hitting a revitalization. Or gentrification.It is too soon to be determined. Complete with new Jazz clubs, lofts, it's very own Starbucks. I had serious issues with this at first. Then I was talking with one of my clients mother's. I expressed this to her, and her feedback to me was, well, "why shouldn't Fillmo' have a Starbucks?". Something in the way she said it, I got it. But I still hate Starbucks.

Lastly, I need to thank Moss for lending me half of his CD collection last week. I finally have some new (old) music.Lots of Soul and Hip Hop. My favorite right now is Michael Jackson's "Off The Wall". I mean that is some seriously funky shit. Man I miss when Michael was black....
Oh and see the grey picture? That's from when I drew my name in wet concrete a few years back on Fillmore and Grove. I almost died on that corner in a truck accident,my first visit to SF. I also had two ex boyfriends on that corner, so I'd say I earned that cement square!

2 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My XT is just to too much! It is geat to see what you're doing over there while I'm over here, before we flip sides again!

 
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And good for you on the gym, you're helping me keep plugging away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home