Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Spring Spring!


Hi all! ~*
Happy Spring Equinox!

So after a long ,studious winter, I passed my Social Work Board exams yesterday with a whopping score of 83! So basically this means I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of NY and can do private practice, supervision, and all that good stuff. It's the last hurdle in my long history of being a Counselor and I am thrilled, relieved, and celebrating!

I feel so good about it. I worked really really hard on this, in addition to working my butt off at my job and other projects I am working on.I appreciate the way I approached it in the end as well, very positive and calm, using all my good tricks to take care of the nerves you get when approaching something like this. It's good stuff, and I couldn't have done it without the amazing support of my incredible man. Thanks love, you are best! So yes, we are celebrating, it's been a long time coming, and I really thrilled to move on into this next cycle of our life. Colors are brighter, scents are stronger, I can read or study anything I want. I have a long list of good books waiting for me, and I can hardly wait.

I also received the good news that I will be working at a local college as a Counselor for their students. It's a really good school and its a great chance to do my work in a creative and thriving environment, and be in Higher Education which is an amazing field. I've been trying to work at a college for a few years and I finally found the right fit. They want me to start up their "Wellness" curriculum so it's a perfect opportunity to incorporate some of my holistic practices that I have been learning for many years. Yay and Yay! And I have a lot of time off in July (one of the perks for working at a college) so look out my SF peeps, I am heading your way!

So today is the first day of Spring and I wish you all the very best for what ever you are cultivating and growing in your own world.I am going out now to enjoy the blustery winds and muddy piles of snow that are slowly melting, making it's way into the green grass and flowery buds that will soon be showing...

Much love and Happy Spring!

5 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Miboni said...

You deserve it, nothing as satisfying as achieving your goals after so much sweat and love.

congrats darling!!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See here or here

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger elfqueen8 said...

I am SO happy for you, XT. Great work. I think I will start blogging again soon (I'm sort of serious)! Happy Spring!!!! You earned it!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger BodhisattvaBaby said...

SPRING IS FINALLY HERE TOO...PRETTY SOON I'LL POST PHOTOS OF THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home