Friday, February 29, 2008

Glorious Ashokan Reservoir







Last weekend, it was so beautiful out
Just incredible with all the snow
it was that clean, soft white snow
that just sends sparkles all over the world

After a very long study cram
I knew I had to get out
and we went about twenty minutes to the Ashokan Reservoir
for a long long walk
they have a bridge that goes right over it so you can really take in the scale of the reservoir
which used to be one of the largest in the country

It's a curious place
apparently the area was flooded
in the Early 1900's
to make way for the reservoir
and in its wake took nine towns
and thirty two cemetaries
including two thousand eight hundred bodies or skeletons with it
Mostly of Revolutionary Soliders
all in the sake of water for the surrounding areas and NYC

Hallowed Ground
indeed
and it feels like it
very mystical and
otherworldly

I kept seeing hearts
in the snow
it really is one of the most beautiful places around here
It was just what we needed
to embrace the snow and enjoy the majesty of our area


PS Happy Extra Leap Year Day!







2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Luck Gorton said...

Recently,I'm in trouble.
I love "nokia N95(8gb)" very much,but I just can't afford one.
Worse is that I even have no time to make money by myself as a result of endless courses in the university.
Will you do me a favor? Please.
Maybe one day when you're in China,I can return.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Miboni said...

Who the heck is Luck Gorton? Anyways sweetie, got your email. would love to catch up. i'm also buried in work and life. aesha was sick last night, 2nd time. we are up all night, she won't let us suck the snot out of her nose, she'd rather breathe out of her mouth, damn child. anyways, missing ya...T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home