Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Road Ahead


I have to be honest
I am working my tail off over here

When I am not working seeing nine clients a day
or writing proposals for projects at Omega this summer (more to come later)
I am working on my potential new job that may happen
after an extensive background search (again more later)
intimidating, yes
luckily I've never even had a speeding ticket, how'd I get away with so much?

I am studying my head off
truly
at least three or four hours a day
sometimes six on the weekends
I have never been so diligent
and I have to say
I am very proud of me, te he he!

My test day is less than three weeks away
and thanks to some great consultation (thanks Rachel)
I think the most important thing is
to take care of the anxiety around this beast
breathe breathe breathe

Six years in the making
all comes down to 170 multiple choice questions
two questions are correct
you guess the one they want to hear
whether you agree with it
or not


But what I find my mind doing
is the chatter
How am I going to terminate with my therapy clients
and take the test and start a new job
all in a matter of three weeks?
Am I taking on to much?
It's all timing, glorious timing
and it's all happening
this month

Scott is taking
SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME
I can't even begin
from being quiet when I am taking my tests
to making me beautiful brain food
and raw chocolate smoothies
to lighting fires
and taking on a lot of the house chores
and making sure we have a great place to live
this summer
(again, more to come)
baby, I am so grateful
thank you thank you thank you

And its all beautiful things
Things I have been working towards
and working hard for
for the past six plus years
here it is, here it is
and I am grateful
its just a lot... of work
and balancing
and praying

Mostly though
my number one priority
is my licensing exam
this is my "Moby Dick"
I have been waiting to take this
for so long
and I think
I am ready

I just visualize myself there
taking the test
making all of my best choices
and mostly the ride home
windows down
music blasting
calling all of you
Rejoicing

Please if you can, set that intention with me....

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Of course we all share that vision of you succeeding in all of it, but especially the test! We all will be with you on day! No matter what happens you have achieved so much, that value will not be lost. Kerry shared another great tip with me-if you feel yourself getting anxious try to make sure your exhales are longer than your inhales...she is such an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home