Friday, February 01, 2008

My Counsins Big Fat Irish Italian Wedding...

Recently we were in Hartford, Connecticut for my cousin Julie's wedding... was a blast with all my family there for a few days . My favorite picture is below with my Mom and beautiful Nana dancing all night long, she's 84 and rocks it!Grew up tight with Julia and it was such a joy to see her really happy. It was a more traditional wedding than I've been to in a while, but had her own style too it. The taxi they rode off in is actually from the tv series "taxi"..that my uncle borrowed from his boss as he owns it. What a trip! Along with all my mothers side there is her fathers side of the family who are old school Italians, a very "Godfather" flavor indeed. I always say I am vicariously Italian as I've always had their influence on me, as well as my Sicilian step mother. I even swear in Italian as Scott will attest to- when I dropped baking soda from the fridge the other day I didn't even realizing I was saying "FCUK" in Italian!





2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Kim Carlson Art said...

thank you for sharing this with nme!
you look beautiful in your black dress and from your cousin's profile, you look a lot alike.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Gal said...

Go Peggy, Go Peggy, Go Go Go Peggy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home