Thursday, January 03, 2008

Year Of Surprises








My Step Mom, pictured above dancing with my father, is a very wise Sicilian woman from the Bronx, who is "usually right". She made the statement that last year was "The year of change" for our family. This year she predicts it to the "The Year of Surprises"

It started off already with them finding out that they have had a four hundred pound black bear settled in living under their porch, right under where they spend most of their time. And we have bear prints all around our yard, esp. near our dear bird feeder. Looks like that is coming down sooon.... arn't they supposed to be hibernating? It's cold, two degrees!

Oh yea, I got my hair cut off. I was butchered by the local yocal hair cut lady. I should know better than to go to a place called "Haircutz". Not much of an option up here though. Next time i'll travel for my cut. Spent Christmas eve having my "mullet" fixed... turned out ok though. My Christmas Miracle: having my Mom's hair dresser "pop by" for dessert and ended up performing emergency surgery on my disastrous dooo. Have bangs now... bangs! It's a good change, I lost five inches off the back, but I like it.

Spent New Years at my brothers, totally fun. Very mellow and cozy. Played "Songster", like Karaoke but you get points. It was great to finally learn the words to "Come on Eileen" by those British guys in suspenders. They are dirty lyrics.. have you ever noticed that? My friend from grammar school said that she used to date one of them. But then again, there were like fifteen of them in the video...

My sister is visiting from Colorado, so
good to have her around. Lots of family time, lots of napping, lots of snow. So far, its great!

In pics:
Scott and his buddy Santa after a nap
Songster
NYE stroke of midnight, taken by my bro
Me my sister and Dad, and my parents dancing, so cute!

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Gal said...

All you guys are so cute in those photos! I like your do! :)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Helen said...

oh my gosh you weren't kidding that you got the same haircut!! unexpected but hey, same result. I was looking at the picture of you and I just felt this way of both missing you and sincerely wondering - when am I going to get to see her in person again?! Remember my lil redhead friend Morgan from Burning Man? She's picked up this very cool nomadic lifestyle that has her traveling a lot but this year she's focused her schedule (in between house sitting etc) on visiting some fabulous ashrams and oasis places like Harbin Hotsprings http://www.harbin.org/ and a vinyasa meditation retreat for a month etc. It all reminds me of you so much and several times I've had the thought like I know you live in the woods now (how totally cool is that) but what exactly are you doing? like the details) :-). Maybe I missed it somewhere. Anyway, holy long blog comment but its' been a while. much love xoxo

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Michelle Hix said...

A bear? Under her porch? I've blogged about my bear nightmares!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home