Sunday, November 18, 2007

Too Marveous For Words

See the mountains in the background, and the smoke comin out the chinmey?
I took these pictures after foraging for wood in our forest
Our back yard, these are storage sheds, the size of a large studio on San Francisco
Our back door
Deer,
in our front yard
its snowed here already
Twice!

To0 Marvelous for Words...
Thanks Frank (Sinatra)
Sitting here, listening to his "Romance" album
sipping red wine in front of my wood burning stove
feeling warm and swoony
while my sweetie makes us more raw goodies
feeling as if I want to express all of this
and again, at a loss for words
life is good

What I will tell you is that I am hosting my family
here in our new home for Thanksgiving
a big deal-io
as living on the West Coast for twelve years
always been a guest
Now, I am the host
Looking forward to cooking and preparing
and having not to travel on a holiday
wow have things changed

I will tell you that I started my new job this week
So glad to get back to this
Miss it miss it
Had my first clients already
sweeties, some strong situations
nothing like the gang war foster care gun shot wound my cousin did this weekend from a gun shot would of yesteryear that was my "daily grind" (sigh)....

So yea, things are good
its work living in the woods
with composting and
with wood and oil and having to find someone
to shovel the drive for the big storms
driving up the mountains
but hell, is it fun!
Have no computer access at work
but will try and keep this updated
as much as I can

It's quiet here
I like it
so beautiful, the deer using our yard to feast in
getting our life patterns on
coming home, driving up the mountain
I live in the Catskills
In a valley in the middle of two mountains
its beautiful
Here are some pictures for you
More of the inside to come soon

How are you? Tell me your stories...

1 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger Gal said...

OMG, what a beautiful home. Can I please come over and live with you? It is so damn LOUD here in Jerusalem across from my construction site. Boy am I looking forward to moving to the suburbs when we get to Ohio! I am OVER the city!!! Enjoy, sweetness. I can't wait to hear about your Txgiving with your fam-lee. We're spending Txgiving with some American/British friends who have a DJed bash every year. Should be fun. :) I am deeply grateful for YOU...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home