Saturday, November 10, 2007

Miss Rashada


My old Social Work Supervisor SuperStar
Miss Rashada
passed away
I found out just recently
I am so mourning her, so feeling her
I found out on All Souls Day

Ovarian Cancer
She was a good friend
And incredible woman
Completely deliciously inappropriate
(I'll tell you sometime on how she used to hit on EVERYONE , especially visiting psychiatrists and would FREAK them out, sexual harassment laws be damned...)
She defied all stereotypes, a converted Muslim liberal African American daughter of gynecologists
She had crazy hair
and crazy outfits
and always was late
and said what people wanted too but couldn't
She worked in her community
as a social worker for hundreds of kids
A big warm hug
and a momma when they needed it most
I love you Miss Rashada
Many called you many names
Jungle Bird Auntie Ra Ra
you were my Miss Rashada
and we met every Wednesday for three years
and were one of my best friends
You said I was the blackest white girl you ever knew
and was one of your children
you helped so many
just by being you
and you were so incredibly you
I love you and miss you
You are now one of My Angels
Thanks for all your love

1 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Gal said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful mama sister. I didn't even know her and I have tears in my eyes. She's resting in a GOOD place for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home