Friday, December 07, 2007

Tis the Season

The Tree

The Mantle
The foyer into the dining room
The living room looking into the sun room, currently the "snow room"

So Christmas threw up all over my house
Scott and I got very caffeinated last weekend
and had two huge boxes of Xmas decorations from my Moms, it was so fun
It does look really sweet actually
We decided instead of killing a Pine
We would decorate our beautiful Ficus tree
and you know what? It looks awesome
May become a family tradition
While I love Pine trees, I love them in the ground..

I have to say I am having a holly jolly Christmas
I've never been so into it
The decorations, the twinkly lights
The Rudolph and Frosty specials on ABC
even the silly songs, I will not pass over them on the radio
I think sharing this with Scott is bringing Xmas to a whole new level
having our own place, decorations on the tree from my childhood
stockings on the fireplace
Also things are changing a bit this year, we are not exchanging presents
My family has decided (which I love) not to buy into the consumer craziness of this warped
buy buy buy holiday, and taking it back to just the "spirit of the season" and spending quality time together. We all took a big breath around that, opting to save our cash and use it towards things we need right now, as opposed to things we will return. Instead I think we will take each other out, cook together, spend lazy time in front of the fireplace, all that good stuff.

It is snowing right now
and we just saw an Owl, it was very exciting
really having fun with the birds lately
No tv here, all bird feeder all the time
I think I will become one of those weird Audubon society people
binoculars, hat and all
I can see it now...

Happy Holidaze Loves

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Gal said...

I can see it too! I want to see you in one of those hats. :) Sounds like you are having such a sweet time, honey. I'm so happy for you. No Xmas here in Jerusalem, at least not in that all-American consumer way. I'm sure there's plenty of it going on in the Christian corners of the city, but I imagine they are probably celebrating in a more deliberate and Christ-focused way. It's actually kind of refreshing to get a year off from all the musak in the stores, and on KOIT. Sending you lots of love for the holy days. Love, G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home