Saturday, December 22, 2007

Snohhhhhhh....

This is the Buddha outside my window, with a winter hat and coat
The view from my sun room... snow room...
Our table and chairs , can you see the accumulation? Two feet, right?


You know you've had a lot of snow:

A. When even the snow plow guy gets stuck in your driveway, can't get out, and knocks out the cable line which is attached to your phone as well, can't call out (Think "The Shining")- then he calls in the reinforcements

B. When you (read:boyfriend) have to scrape ice off the roof so it won't leak into the roof on a rickety ladder from the 1800's while the house is shaking from "Gale force winds" with four foot wind drifts

C. When it's up to your knees and you are driving home in a storm that you feel will almost take your life if you look down to change the radio station or take the snow out of your boots and you hang on to the wheel tight and pray while you are sliding into a truck

D. All of the above

That would be "D" people

I know some of you are thinking, "its Upstate New York, what are you thinking ?"
This California girl has had her initiation, for sure
It's over, it's pretty, we have service again, we are safe and grateful... what a week!

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Gal said...

I am going to need your support next year when I go thru my first real winter in 30 years!!! I don't think it gets quite as cold in Cincinnati, but they do get snow... Dahlia will love it, I'm sure! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home