Monday, July 23, 2007

Enjoy the Silence


The whole campus is silent this week

no talking

no playing charades

no communicating, period.



We got the news last Friday

Adyashanti

who studies and teaches in the

Zen Buddhist tradition

is here with a Five day silent retreat

for Omega's "Retreat Week"


Staff are reacting in a variety of ways
some bitter, it's not their choice
some relieved, taking pleasure in the peace


It's wild

it's quiet

it's nice

it's weird


five hundred people in a room eating

not talking


I am talking because I am working

but I am considering asking my boss

for silence for the last three days

I've been looking into doing this for a while

apparently it's very profound

I'd imagine it would be

after you loose your mind for a minute

I guess that's the point

I'll let you know how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home