Saturday, June 30, 2007

And We're Off!




Read this on one of my favorite blogs (thank you Superhero)


and needed to repost it


it serves me well right now...




Going to go "meet" myself in the woods again



After eight months of the grind



I can't wait to go back home






I am thankful for this time



I have learned a lot



I hope I have given what I have received


I hope I receive what is given



this is my prayer






till then~



shine on!






Love after Love






The time will come


When, with elation,


You will greet yourself arriving


At your own door,


in your own mirror,



And each will smile at the other’s welcome,



And say sit here,



Eat.


You will love again the stranger who was your self.




Give wine.



Give bread.



Give back your heart



To itself, to the stranger who has loved you



All your life, whom you ignored



For another,


who knows you by heart.




Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,



The photographs, the desperate notes,



Peel your image from the mirror.



Sit.



Feast on your life.



~ Derek Walcott ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home