Thursday, July 12, 2007

Poetry and Reason



Working in the bookstore
I have become a book slut
seriously
three pages here
a paragraph there
sometimes I get a chapter in
there is so much here
and so much I want to read
I wouldnt mind spending the rest of the summer
reading and snuggling, that would be complete satisfaction

So I've turned to the poetry section
so to not loose my mind
as I already have four books I am deeply committed to
I still flirt with all of them though
so much so many I want to ready all of them
all of it is all so dense and majestic

poems provide me a sense of completion
in between the "do you haves" and "i needs" of the
needy new yorkin purchasers
who want an Om symbol or prayer beads
or trendy new yoga tank
to cover up the holes
I just smile
and take their fake money

have to say it's an odd gig
but its a good gig
I get to listen to amazing music
and be around beautiful things
enjoying them
without possessing them
it's a nice practice

So yes I will share
one of my current favorites
I am very inspired by
this man I am madly crazy silly in love with
who is providing me with deep lessons in love
and beyond, every day, every moment
you make me feel cherished and adored
thank you~*


The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.

Rumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home