Tuesday, May 23, 2006

grateful girl






I can't believe it's already Wednesday
And I haven't really had words yet till now
To tell you about my incredible party
My friends are so so so out of this world special
I can't believe I even dare think about leaving the Bay Area for a Minute
considering all of the love surrounding
this very grateful girl
The best part though is that they "get it"
and encourage my growth and my safe journey
I am so so so grateful

D~ graciously offered up his home, The Presidio House
That has been in our family for years, has gone through many seasons
This season is fresh and clean, great spirit energy in this home now
After some saddness that I would rather skip expainations for
And all my buddies joined in and took part on the most spirited gathering
This side of the continent
Everyone was there, so many tribes coming together, decades of history going on in this joint
Intersections of my life I cannot even begin to describe
babies elders the whole spectrum
powerful peaceful people
I was floating above my body the whole time
knowing each one shares a deep love with this girl
so many memories so much history so much love
i am still floating from it

Not only was I showered with a hot sexy fancy Canon Elph Digital Camera
to which you see these pictures
As one of my many sexy men told me "to take dirty pictures of myself"
since they all contributed, I must reward them with this, and I will
happily oblige...
I was speechless upon presentation
and then
I cannot even begin to describe
The most beautiful memory book ever ever ever created
Of my many many seasons with my chosen family
Most every one was represented
poems memories pictures quotes love
I am still pouring over the pages and weeping
weeping with joy over how much love i share with this tribe
so grateful
so grateful

then up till dawn dancing with my sexy swirling beauties
stayed up long enough to greet the Bay to Breakers crowd
at my doorstep
sat with my neighbors with a huge floaty smile on my face
eating the morning bun R had brought me from her morning
drinking my cafe au lait
watching the wacky wacky crowd race up Hayes Street to the Breakers
Floating
Above my body and still am
so so grateful

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Christie. I know you are grateful, but don't you see that it's you who drew these people around you with your heart and energy? Good people find good companions, and we are all thrilled to see you grow. Change is hard, but this transition is an affirmation of who you are. You will continue to find amazing people around you wherever you go. And we're always here, waiting to see you again.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was Fussy Mussy, by the way. She's waiting for later opportunites, when we are older and wiser, to be the fussiest of the mussiest with you.

fm
aka mie

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To echo Fussy-
We are the lucky ones, my heart, we are the lucky ones...

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Scott and Christie said...

love you guys! thank you, it is true, I have manifesting my loves and worked hard for my friendships.... i am so much better for having them in my life! mwah

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Helen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Helen said...

my journey with you: the first time I met you was at my virgin burn, the first time I really said WOW you are really deeply cool was when I was freaking at the burn, my first etrip. from then on I became very interested in whether you'd be at my 2nd burning man, being from colorado n' all. then I popped into the city and Oooh you came to a little dinner @ Katia & Petes (I was supersuper excited about that, it felt special http://photos1.blogger.com/img/179/3130/1024/collage15.jpg , then sister you came. you came to the playa. and it was really when I needed you that you beckoned from your little tent while you were faffing & you explained to me in a very short time exactly what the hell that phrase means, and you spoke to my soul with a few breathy quick comments about sharing your sauce and other witty little references to being an empowered woman. then I get to share in the joy that you yourself are goin to create a blog. for the blog-addict that I am, this is BIG, this is huge. then I come again to the city and I get FINALLY PRAISE THE GOOD LORD I get some one-on-one XT time over thai food http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6899/792/640/P1010301.jpg
and then I fell in love. head over heels amazed and in love at this beautiful stunning being in front of me, so real, so raw. as I say over & over & over. YOU are the kind of beyond words supercoolnfabulous that is undeniably impossible to describe with words. Thank you being part of my journey. And best of all, I know you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home