Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Mums




I am so blessed in this area. I have many mothers. This is my Mom pictured here with me and she is the most witty, entertaining, resourceful, crass, and down right hysterical woman I have ever known. She loves the horses and football, and nothing makes her happier than sitting at the beach with her children. Well, maybe College Basketball makes her happier. Yes, she is a freak. When people wonder where I get my "word smithing" from - it is her. No one can pop them out like her, especially when she is driving in New York. I know she loves me and would do anything she could for me, and to make your child feel like this means you have a daughter who is secure and loving in her world and the world around her. I am so thankful for this and our transformation together.

Then there is Marmom.( She is in the picture above.I tried to make it bigger but it was the way it was taken, not the significance of it just for the record ) She is my Stepmother and we have had quite the ride together. Strong Sicilian Italian Scorpio from the Bronx. Need I say more. She is where I get my guts, my mouth, my intelligence, and my spirituality from. She and I have developed a very strong bond throughout our decades together, as she came into my life at an early age, and we have grown into our relationship, very strong loving and knowing. She loves my father, and he her, which is in the end all I care about. She also loves his children and we are very blessed for that. I couldn't imagine my life without her. I consider her another Mother, and she is.

It took twenty years, but my parents now "co-parent" meaning my mothers are friends and my mother and father are "friendly" (mostly crack jokes at each other and argue about how to raise my brothers dog, their only grandchild). We now spend the holidays together, instead of us (Me, my brother, sister, and my step brother and sister) having to "choose" who to be with, for those of you who know, know this sucks . So they grew up, sucked it up, and for all intensive purposes almost enjoy each other. It is my very functional dysfunctional family. I love it and we have worked very hard to make it peaceful and most of all We Have Fun!

I am very thankful for my Mothers, and really look forward to spending some quality time appreciating and honoring them this summer. And yes, they did spend Mothers Day together. How very 2006! Happy Mothers Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home