Thursday, March 23, 2006

I've been tagged!!!!


Rachels invitation to participate in:

The Four Things Meme

Four Jobs I've Held:

Postmistress Menemsha, Marthas Vineyard: My sophmore year in college I had the opportunity to work in an old fashioned post office/general store on Marthas Vineyard. Very old school MV ~complete with the old men sitting on the front stoop sipping lemonade. Right outside on the water was where most of Jaws was filmed. I did the mail in a one woman post office inside the store for all of the village, and some of the famous including Jackie O and Carly Simon received mail there, and I had the pleasure to meet them. Carly was super perky and friendly. Worshipped her. Shared an afternoon cookie with Jackie after she asked me if she could use the restroom. No one was to use the restroom, but, who was I to deny Jackie O the throne? "What is your name?" she asked afterwards... me trying not to stutter, "Christie". "Well Christie, I am Jackie, have some cookie!" as she extended her long gorgeous arm...fant, gasp. I was undeniably cool though, and I think she really appreciated that. So classy, so lovely, so Jackie.

Museum Teacher, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA: After working in the graveyard bookstore where the "Witch Judges" were buried, I moved into the job of Museum Teacher. My role was to teach the Witchcraft Trials in Salem from a historical perspective using period houses, artifacts, and real court documents from the time.( No I did not have to dress up in period costume, I can just hear J.H. now.) It was an amazing experience and I based my Senior Thesis on this topic. Very appropriate at the time for a witchy goth like me. I did work there for two Halloweens during college which was always a blast as Laurie Cabot, Salem's Official Witch of Salem, would hold her annual Samhain festival with her whole crew, and across the street was us, and then on the other corner was the Christian Evangelists telling all of us that we were going to hell. Very exciting.

Resident Assistant: In college someone decided that I was a role model because I worked hard and partied hard. Makes sense to me. So I was an RA, usually a bad word on college campuses, but this was a real start to my counseling career. And after some good advice, I usually smoked them out in myu closet with my huge bong!

Waitressing, Everywhere USA: A lot of young girls, esp. girls in Jersey, did retail to subsidize their cigarettes and hairspray. I was a waitress. And I always made sure I could waitress in a place where I, not the customer, was always right. Mexican, Seafood, lots of Seafood Joints, Cocktails, more fish, British Cafes (blood sausage barf!!!), and even here in SF. I was a great waitress, making up recipe's, stories, and poems to scorned lovers in my head while I was slinging hash. I was good and it was good cash.

Four Films I Could Watch Ad Infinitum

The Outsiders
The first three Star Wars
Latcho Drom
Best In Show

Four Places I've Lived...

~Salem, MA, in an attic during the summer on a wool futon and a bat named Ugly
~Martha's Vineyard, MA, in a house with six other crazy girls in Oaks Bluff
~Portland, Maine, where I was having an affair with my much older hot upstairs
artist neighbor
~In my head, for way too long!

Four TV Series I Like:

*The Sopranos *Sex and the City *The L Word *Six Feet Under (apparently I am an HBO whore without HBO)

    Four Places I've Been on Vacation:

    Vieques, Puerto Rico
    Amsterdam!!!!!
    Colonge, Germany
    White Fish, Montana

    Four Foods I Love:
    Home Cookin: My mom's crab cakes and cole slaw in the summer, anything cooked by my Grandmother, my stepmom's chicken cutlets with gravy (Italian for sauce)
    Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate
    Thai, Asian anything really...
    Bread, Bread, and More Bread, that I am trying not to eat it right now dammitt

    Four Sites I Visit Daily:

    Tribe
    Google
    My friends Blogs
    Dictionary.com
    (i love learning new words...)

    Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:

    At a Spearhead show with my ladies (I have to ditto R on this...)
    Kayaking in bioluminescent water on a full moon in Vieques, PR
    At the beach with my Mom and Sister in Jersey
    Greece with my new lover

    Four People I'm tagging:

    graceopenheart luckyjuju jess i don't know anyone else, really...

    2 Comments:

    At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh no! Your first comment spam! Well, you're now an official blogger! And I'm so proud of you for figuring out how to change the date! Have a fun time down south...

     
    At 1:56 PM, Blogger Miboni said...

    Hey girl: gotsta have time to meet up and spend some one on one time soon. I know this saturday is jess' birthday - perhaps we can get the girls together soon? how was your trip? let's catch up.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home