Saturday, March 11, 2006

Heaven or Las Vegas






The minute you land you know something is different~
Is it the slot machines in the lobby? The big hair and plentiful smoking sections? Las Vegas has something for everyone ~and there are so so so many different types of people, from everywhere in this world. And they all walk where ever the hell they want to, usually into you. Seriously, we were giving manners lessons the whole time. Boy did my Jersey come out. You walk into my Gma and you are gonna get a beat down. Ok sorry, anyway, the group flux is tempered by conferences, and my Uncle Tom, Aunt Carole, and G-ma were there for the Century 21 awards, read: Real Estate...Read lotsa big hair, Big jewels, and Big personalities. So much eye candy. Then add bright lights big city, and you have overstimulous...I am still coming down.

We were staying in the MGM Grand, which one Cabbie told us was the largest hotel in the world. It went on for miles, a big city in a city. What do you do in Vegas when you are not playing slots or drinking watered down drinks? Visit hotels. In one week we visited Paris, New York, Mandalay Bay, Cesars Palace, Monte Carlo, the Bellagio, the Wynn (my favorite) and on and on. My G-ma and I got overstimulated quick and ran to the only art exhibit we could find, it was in the Bellagio and we felt a lot of comfort being away from the blinging sparkly tables and getting our culture fix onfor sure. The exhibit was "Impressionists" and they did a great job, we also went through the Tiffany Glass Garden (above) which was like a beautiful little land I didn't want to leave.

Ok too much to talk about and I don't want to bore you, but highlights: Tony Robbins (big guy motivational speaker you know the one) as the keynote speaker for the awards benefit. Dig if you will the picture: 20,000 very perky very motivated Century 21 award winners at 9am in a huge auditorium (that Bon Jovi played at Sat pm) getting more motivated. Not enough coffee in the world to handle that one. My Uncle's group was honored as one of the top in the world, and it felt great to be there for him and support this. So it was worth it. But did I mention they had a sassy Man/Woman singing MC's making up songs about real estate to 80's pop hits? Oh yea. Also saw "Mamma Mia" a story about a young girl in Greece put to Abba songs. I won't get into it. You can only imagine.

On Thursday night~Out with Century 21, in with NASCAR. Oh yea. Now this is my kinda crowd. Cousins of the Monster Truck crowd, NASCAR features a bright variety of folk from all over the country here to see some car racing. The Bon Jovi crowd added some flavor as well, although I have to say they may be one in the same. Needless to say my Jersey was in full Glory.

All in all it was so fun hanging out with my Gma, I really had to keep up with her truth be told. My favorite part of the day was at night when we would watch Sex and the City before bed. I guess at heart I am really a simple girl. I don't need strippers and drinks and gambling to have a good time, and no, I didn't win big, but Lady Luck is still always at my my side.

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah she is! And she'll never leave you! So glad you had good time with Gma AND made it home, phew!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Katia said...

Welcome back from a galaxy far far away. (thankfully). Sounds like quite the adventure. Love that you had your grandma by your side for the journey. So sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home