Thursday, March 16, 2006

Shmess and the 'Ol Haunt


(4 my o.g. biznatches:)
This is Jess at Cafe Abir, our good 'ol stompin grounds where we've had many Chai's and Turkey Salads, miss those days. I'm talking like 8 years ago now. I was in such a bad mood today, harsh moon that this is, and she was getting her car fixed and was at Abir. My 1pm cancelled and I flew down the street with wings. Just what I needed, my girl and a chai. She's just as frenzied and harshed on by this moon as me, and I didn't want to talk to anyone today, but she just makes this ok somehow. (It's nice having a friend just as mental as you are. I love having her back in SF!) We were hardcore melancholy today being there. It was wild looking around at all the folks who used to be there- that are still there, they look older and more worn for the wear, just like us we laughed.

I love this cafe, (on Divisdero and Fulton)~ it is truly an international landing post. Me and the girls spent many a Sunday morning reliving the previous nights debauchery, crawling there in our sweats begging for chai. It was like our living room, centrally located from everyones house when the hood used to be the hood, and we liked it dark and dirty (you know what I am talking 'bout ladies). This is way back in the day when Karina lived with David at Arena and Jess at 729, I wasn't even on Hayes yet and Gal was up in the attic on Alamo Square (when Gal was gay, i love saying that ; ) ). Kt created the turkey salad there and I think spent most of her time studying for the BAR there, popping in on us in her breezy Katy way. "So San Francisco Sex and the City" we'd say. We fancied ourselves much more progressive and interesting that the NYC girls, but knew we couldn't match them on the heels or fashion. The NYC girls had us beat in this area, but we were so San Francisco we didn't even care...

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Helen said...

oh, girl. TELL me what is UP with this moon? I am feeling its fullness. What a week from hell, beyond just normal business I was feeling something I know other people were feeling too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home