Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hot Damn!



Had the most beautiful of days
I played hookie yesterday, and met up with a dear old friend
Eshana~ had a gorgeous lunch and took in some sun (thank you sun)
We worked together a bizillion years ago as Case Managers in
A Support Services Hotel for "Dually Diagnosed Homeless Adults"
My best teachers they were
For years we learned and grew and supported our clients, and
each other, kept each other laughing, became and created community together
She is off to her South African home later in the month with her beautiful 'lil girl Mitana, who is just a creature to behold. What a young spitfire she is! Look out world! It was wonderful to see you again Eshana!

Then off to be produced by one miss sarah h to dinner at a wonderful vege restaurant with the best fake chicken in the world. I know it's hard to believe but it is so good. Golden Era on O'Farrell, check it out. Jess, KC, NOI, and Julia and a few others were there to for a pre dinner before the Johnette Napolitano show, and she is one hot momma lemme tell you. Phew. She is the Lead voice/writer/bass/guitars/keys/drums of L.A. bands Concrete Blonde and Pretty & Twisted and just so soulful, real, and super sexy. She sang "Joey" and I almost lost it.Went right through me. http://www.johnettenapolitano.com. I highly recommend you check her shit out. Our producer Sarah is hosting her at her house and coordinated the event, spent some time afterwards with her and she is the real frikin deal lemme tell you. Lots of trendsters and old school rocker chicks hanging out, interesting scene. I love Du Nord.

We hung out till late with them having the most randomish of interactions with lost souls who just have RAYDAR for Jessica and I. Stangers have this tendency to share their lives with us, and hours later, go "omg I just revealed my most private thoughts to you two.... what are you... witches????" No , just a mild mannered therapist and documentary film maker, with some major mojo. Did some couples counseling a few whiskey's later we did.

In the words of my dear Thailand travelmate Minty (yes that is her real name thank you)
itshotitsdamnhot!!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Miboni said...

oh man! I totally forgot about that, wished I would have gone.. regrets, regrets...

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Scott and Christie said...

Yes, where the frig were you miboni? chop chop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home