Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Big Leap and The Deep Root Down


So I haven't talked about this at all here. My reasons are many, but mostly I haven't been ready to yet. Also Mercury In Retrograde has encouraged me not to . But thats over, thank gawd! Most people who have access to this Blawg here know, but some don't, so sorry for the shock. I am "coming out" so to speak about my news.

So as many of you know, I have been struggling with my East Coast/ West Coast urges. Ideally, I would have homes and a life on both sides of the Coast. One to accommodate each family and community I am blessed to have. At this point unfortunately this is not possible due to my work and sensible outlook on expenses. This in turn has held my life in someone of a stand still in some areas of my life, i.e. where do I continue to build my life, buy a home, put my "root down", and it is at long last I have made a decision. The roller coaster is over: I am going East. Two weeks ago I found out that I was accepted to the Omega Institute for work trade. For those of you who aren't aware of it, it is a pre-Eselan retreat center in Rhinebeck, NY. They invite our best contemporary writers, poets, musicians, visionaries, spiritualists, of our time to teach week long intensive courses on varied topics dispersed with daily yoga/tai chi/water sports/meditation, etc. . I will be living in an 8x8 tent for six weeks and will be able to stay on through October if I wish. It is a beautiful campus, and happens to be in the village I have considered moving to since last summer when I visited. Rhinebeck is very diverse, arty, progressive, and absolutely gorgeous and idyllic. Omega also has an intensive curriculum for employees that includes Reiki training and Psychic Development, Art, Music, and much more. Check it out: www.eomega.com. My main intention is to get clear, get my body and spirit strong, and to paint. Living outside after living in a very urban area for so long is definitely necessary as well. Also making contacts with interesting people who can connect me with opportunities will be beneficial and give me a chance to see what life will be like there without having to sign a lease or make any huge commitments. Best of all worlds as I can see.

So I am packing up my home of 8 years, leaving my job of 3, and saying Goodbye for now for my city of, at that point, 11 years. I am calling it a "sabbatical" as at the end of the summer, 6 months, one year later, if I want to come back, I can. If I want to stay, I will. I am open to all possiblilities that the Universe and Great Spirit will offer me. I am going to "clean off" after ten years of social service work and re-assess where I am needed in this world and what I want as well. My dear friend Moss (who is also moving to NY bless his heart) and I will be leaving SF June 3rd and taking a very hedonistic trip across our country, going through the south and staying with friends and family along the way. I will have two weeks to decompress, throw a 60th Birthday Party for my dear mum, lay on the beach, and get ready.

Lets just say that the emotional train I have been on for the past five years around staying or going has escalated to hourly fits of questions and resolutions. Seriously. I go from, "wow this is so right" to "holy shit what the frig am I doing" hourly. I am resolved to have faith in this decision as I am a serious believer in signs and wonders, and have received some very solidifying signs that this is what should be happening right now. I will figure out the rest all in its good time. This plan kinda created itself so to speak, and I pray hourly for me to have faith in my decisions. I know in order for me to move forward I need to take this chance to see what life is like for me when I am still. Leap and the Net shall Catch You, or something like that......

4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are your net darlin', and we will catch you on whatever coast you may happen to fall on...

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I don't know if there's a way to electronically convey my enormous excitement for you, you brave girl you. I am *so* incredibly proud of you, and might I add a bit jealous! I can't wait to hear all about Omega, and I do hope you will continue to share. What a divine and beautiful plan. To restore, rest, rejuvenate your joujou eh? Much love your way as you begin the unwinding process from your west coast life...

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Scott and Christie said...

Thank you so much my dears! That really helps, I need all the "yeah yeah" I can get right now!!! smooches!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you too. Big decisions and changes take time...and you can't force them. I'm glad you allowed yourself the time (years) to feel what you needed to feel. And see, once the first step was taken, it felt so clear to you...that's a wonderful sign. Congratulations. I know this will be good for you cuz it's so right. Not before, but now.

fussy mussy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home