Friday, August 11, 2006

"Yell Fire"




I was on my way to Saratoga
Taconic Parkway
Independent Woodstock Radio
Who comes on but my favorite
Most favorite in the world
(besides Stevie Wonder and Stevie Nicks of course)

Michael Franti and Spearhead's new album
Yell Fire is
INCREDIBLE
Just bought it this weekend
even though these songs have been my soundtrack for the past year
Seriously
How blessed am I that I have been able to be in the graces
of some of the most talented musicians poets prophets of our time
touring playing living dancing singing eating living activism
I am so thankful for my WT Jess for helping me be part of this world
for so long
Listening to them here is like HOME
and I miss it!

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger elfqueen8 said...

I'm so glad you appreciate music the way I do... havent really even listened to Michael Franti (but I did see him at an SF fest) and I fear it's a bit too burning-man-chic for me, but... he's HOT! ha.

Gotta keep the flames stoked for Stevie Nicks, girl. I'll be the hearth keeper.. (with my crystal vision and lace and paper flowers and my "boots all summer long")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home