Thursday, August 03, 2006

"Christie Production"


So I have been wondering for some time now
about where my place is here
am I destined to be in "reception" working thirty hours
(which feel like fifty)
with angry participants and burnt out townies and nutters?
Or am I to find my way somewhere
into a full time position and a room
taking on what I believe will be a supportive role
in this community that needs my gifts

There was a position a few weeks ago
But oddly I never got the note from HR
telling me about the Interview
It was in a department I wasn't crazy about
Guest Services
sorry guests I am a little over you
get your own spiritual punching bag
you are not that important....

So I just ta full time gig
in my favorite dept
the one with the most heart and soul on campus
PRODUCTION
which basically sets up all of the events
and creates space for the workshops dances events
It's where my favorite people work
and Chris my new "boss" is really in line
with how I believe organizations are to be run

So YAY~ lets just say I am thrilled
I get to move inside in two weeks
(not that I don't love you tent and
Daddy long legs )
but Seven long weeks later
I am ready to make some money
and move into one of my next roles here...
couldn't have come at a better time

So on the walkie talkies that we all carry
we have to say our name and depts... when we make a call out
and Jess and Christine will get it when I say that I am
"Christie Production"
as our Producer Sarah would so be loving me for it!
Ciao Loves!

ps is anyone still reading this blog? just curious
gimme a shout out...

7 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so super excited for you! It's perfect! Does this mean you'll be there past October, like ongoing until indefinitely? How FUN!!! Can't wait to talk to you next week. Love, Gali

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh! Hopefully will see you soon! And my love for you is neverending as you know...

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Helen said...

HELL yes I read your blog you city slicker you, it's your time for name up in lights Christie Production I LOVE it, love being with you on your journey. and p.s. LOVE sweet honey on the rocks!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Scott and Christie said...

Awww shucks you guys! thanks so much for the love! Don't get me wrong, I would write any how, but it's good to know people who know me are hearing this. And Sarah, I didn't know you were a reader, I am so flattered! xoxo thanks all

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Scott and Christie said...

PS sarah when are you gonna get a blawg????

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger elfqueen8 said...

you go girl. bout time you moved your ass indoors.. and got yourself a walkie-talkie.. lookin good christie production!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Katia said...

Hey love,

I hadn't had a chance to check in on you in a bit with my mom here visiting so I was so excited to read all your latest. Post-a-rama!

I love catching up with you and hearing all the latest from the east coast. I'm so glad you found yourself a place. All those classes you take....they sound amazing! And your gorgeous friends and co-workers, and your brilliant teachers! I'm so glad I can live vicariously through you. Congrats on your new position and your big move "inside". Woo hoo.

Missing you, but so very happy for you. I haven't forgotten about your juju. I'm sure it'll be ready for you at the exact right moment. By the way, did you receive our wedding invite?

Love you girly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home