Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Birth Day Adventure






















Went to Lake Mohonk on Wednesday for my Birth Day! Lake Mohonk Mountain House is is the mythical place of my childhood. This is where gardens go on for miles , where Labrynths and Towers make incredible hiding places, where the rocking chairs are finding their own rythym on huge sprawling decadent decks. They surround this enchanted and wonderfully haunted Mountain House that was built in the late 1800’s by a family named Smiley. That says it all in itself. This is clearly what this place was meant to have you do. And smile we did. Blissfully all day long.

We set out early morningish, got some incredibly delicious lunch from a local café in New Paltz which is right below Mohonk, and set out on an incredible adventure. From the gorgeous gazebo’s where we had lunch (aptly named The Twins) to swimming in the gorgeous crisp clean water, the day was a feast of decadence. Jerry absolutely spoiled me, and I am so thankful for him and his friendship and his enthusiasm for me to have an incredible birthday. He is truly my birthday Super Hero and I was honored to be there for the birth of his Rapper name, SOURDOH! (Video and CD will be dropping soon so keep an eye out for it! Tee hee hee)
ANYWAY
We ended the night with a huge gorgeous Eggplant Parmigana sandwhich and had a surreal ride home, singing our heads off to Spearhead and then reality: right after nearly missing an oncoming motorcycle (reflexes rock!) Jerry noticed this animal in the middle of the road. We spend some time coaching and trying to be of some help to this Possom pass on to the other world, which really felt in some way as if we were supposed to be there. Birth and Death cycle so plain, so raw, with him or her crawling to the side of the road for some dignity in it's death. Very appropriate on that day that I celebrated my life. I also found out during dinner via a message from Jessica that a man I knew a while ago passed on. They found his body in the park around a month ago. The details are inconclusive but I send my prayers and love to A.C., D., and his family.

I continue to float around from all of the incredible sights, sounds, events, and conversations from that day. One of my favorite days, never mind Birthdays.

THaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

Ps also big love to all for your calls letters prayers and thoughts. It has been a truly transformative shift during this part of my path, and I give it up to you!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home