Saturday, August 26, 2006

This Great Life


Summer is winding down
We have all traded our skirts and shorts
for rain coats and golashes
The leaves are beginning to turn
And so is the cycle here
The end and the beginning
People come and go all the time
This is no different

teaching us to be present and loving
teaching us to cherish and preserve
teaching us to be thankful grateful humble
with each and every interaction

be it with the dancing butterfly diverting it's life from my windshield
be it singing in a room full of people singing for the very first time
be it in the Pow Wow with the spirit of the plants and fire
be it the possum struggling with every inch of its life to die in dignity
be it watching Deepak Chopra trying to hide in the dining hall in the phone booth
be it with the rain humming down on my window washing and cleaning and making the land fertile and fresh and ready

I am thankful for these moments
I am thankful for the ability to recognize
I am thankful for the way I honor and practice
I am thankful for this time to get right
I am thankful for my friends and family and community
I am thankful for song for prayer for dance for fire
I am thankful
I am

New Moon Intentions for August

To be here to be now to be alive to continue in my strong practice to continue to shine bright to continue to care to laugh out loud at least once a day to love to dance to give to receive to enjoy to cherish to be thankful to share to be thankful and really enjoy what is and not what i think it should be should be.....

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger elfqueen8 said...

That was really beautiful. Thanks. I'm in somewhat of a dark rainy nervous space at the moment. It was good to reconnect with your blog.... so glad you enjoyed your birthday.

K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home