Sunday, April 23, 2006

Joel






Oh Joel
Joel was my first San Francisco boyfriend, ten years ago
We couldn't keep away from each other
He had to move to Alaska so we could finally break up
We were too young and just meant to be best friends
He has seen me through all of my San Francisco phases
Now he is truly one of my closest friends
And one of the people I can say really really knows me
We got into a lot of good fun together
Too much fun sometimes
Met him around a campfire on Ocean Beach
He was friends with my roommates, one of the "bicycle messengers"
Which during that time in SF was one of the sexiest jobs to have
We haven't left each other since

Spent a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon together
Celebrating our new paths
He who JUST GOT MARRIED HOORAH to a fantastic lady named Sarah
She and I get along way too well seriously
It's so so mutual admiration society
And I soon to be departed
Walked today for miles and miles and miles
Discovering Golden Gate Park
Took a ride around Stow Lake
Talking about everything for hours and hours and hours
I feel so so blessed for his friendship

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Girl, I so love love following along with your closures. It's so beautiful to watch. And what a great pic of him in the boat! Row row row your way to the east coast ;-) oh and have I mentioned how Colorado is on your way? Unless of course you're not going that way... in which case it is out of the way and then I shall try and convince you how worth your while it would be to have it in your way!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home