Tuesday, February 21, 2006

If you continue to give the same 'ol thing, you are gonna get the same 'ol thing....


This is a rough quote from Sasha Cohen, the ice skater who ranked number one for the Americans for the short program last night. Don't know why but I am taken by her. I kinda hate her and love her all at the same time. She reminds me of the bitchy Jersey girls I grew up with, that's probably it. But in watching her I am inspired by her determination. This is her life, day in and day out, and she is completely dedicated to it. She knows what she wants (Olympic Gold), made her mistakes, and owned them, did what she needed to do, and achieved her Gold. So in her interview she used the above quote, very simple, and it resonated with me, as I am in the place where I am making subtle changes and about to make big ones. Also, after drafting this I went and found my horoscope for today:
If you stay in one place, you know exactly what's likely to happen -- whereas if you take a chance, take that job offer or call you-know-who, you don't know what possibilities lie ahead. So get going.
That's good, cause thats the path I am rolling fast along.

Speaking of which,
Finally, did hear from Chris, kinda. If you call being yelled at hearing from someone. Haven't been writing about it here but what the hell is a blog for if you can't rant. Basically he is avoiding all of his friends and has been "missing" for about a week now. So he has surfaced, is really angry at me for "ruining his world". Sigh. Like I have that much control over anyone. It makes me sad to see him destroy himself~and see this man who was once all love ~turn into the absolute opposite. Really though it confirms this decision, not that it was a hard one to make. I have kinda floundered back and forth for feeling bad about this, but know so clearly that this was not a healthy thing for me. I understand that his issues are and always have been beyond me. The biggest lesson in this for me is listening to my own voice. I know my truth and know I made the best decision around ending things. I send him off with love and pray he stops hurting himself, and others as well.

In other news, my friend Mia M. had a healthy baby boy! Very exciting. No name as of yet. It's also Norbert's Birthday today (or yesterday) (can't remember 39?40?) (I think it's acutally healthy that I don't know any more) and it feels good to call him and wish him a Happy Birthday, as well as a wonderful trip to Germany with his girlfriend, Fabiola. Nice to get to a place with an ex where you want his parents to like his new girlfriend. None of them speak any English so I am sure it will go along well! (just nod and smile!)

Moving right along!

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Miboni said...

comment on cohen's thoughts... yep, i'm the biggest closet ice skating fan, love the women's but my heart is with the men's skating - for the pure physical achievements in 11 jumps and quadruples... but of course the women's are great. was saddened about kwan, she's a joy to watch - but always thought cohen was right up there. anyways - love her quote, it's so true and so so hard to do. i'm really proud of you for taking some drastic action about this summer - it's going to be so awesome, whatever it is and it's going to cause ripples for the rest of your life.

as for chris - i feel for him, and hope that you are doing well with this. i know you're strong - but let me know if you need anything. this is your year honey, big things are happening for you this year whether you want them to or not... and i'm really liking how you're taking them on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home