Saturday, October 21, 2006

Just Wow....


This weekend we had the Enlightened Power conference. This includes an amazing assortment of women coming to enjoy a few of the most influential women of our time. They include Maricia Ann Gillespie, former editor in chief of Ms. and Essence magazine, Gail Straub, teacher, activist, writer, empowerment pioneer, Rachel Bagby, musician, Sharon Salzberg, one of the nations leading Buddhist teachers and authors, Yolanda King, daughter of Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King, Marianne Williamson, renown writer and founder of the Peace Alliance.

A bundle of power house women were here, stirring it up, sharing their light, telling their stories, offerering their insight on how to live strongly in this crazy world of ours. Yolanda King had an amazing speech/performance and I was left breathless. We think we have high expectations of ourselves. Imagine being the daughter of her parents, phew! She has done, is doing, her good work, and finding her self love, performing, travelling, and living her incredibly vibrant message.

What I will say is that I am left after seeing Marianne Williamson's keynote address just absolutely swirling. NEVER have I seen a women articulate all of the things I feel and believe and know. She covered the political, spiritual, historical, scientific, cultural, and environmental in ways that were so precise and on point I was left with my mouth literally hanging wide open, reeling in this world, grateful I had a woman walking strong that I could use to model my own life from. She covered everything, from how the Witch burnings were the female holocaust to the industrial revolution to current day fear of stepping into our power. I am just reeling.... still reeling.... and so grateful. I will continue to read everything she has ever written, and please look into her efforts to begin a U.S. Department of Peace: www.ThePeaceAlliance.org. .

It was a lot of work to put on this conference for us, but what can I say. It is Fun! Driving Sharon Salzberg around on the golfcart and being the time keeper for Marianne's keynote address are just a few of the ways I contributed. I know that living up to what I am capable of and living in my light while being here are other ways to give back.

So many others, I am having a hard time putting it into words, part of why I haven't written. Also have had no time to get on the computer or phone, so all of those waiting for a message, again, thank you for your patience. The past two weeks have really solidified why it is that I have come here. Really. I sit here reclaiming who I have been, and looking forward to who I am becoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home