Thursday, August 31, 2006

Burn Baby Burn



My body is aching this week
not only from body flu part one and two
where I had my own kinda "cleanse"

but from the changing of my own natural rythym
which for me includes going to burning man
Every year for eight years I made this pilgrimidge
worn the sun on my skin had the dance in my step
burned it away burned it away burned it away


I honor
my friends my community my family
the art the sky the music
the knowing look on the passerby's face
flooded with bliss
waking up in the desert
sunset howls
sunrise snuggles
the slow pace and intentional movement
the joy of a simple meal
the understanding of a community ritual
where we all come to bring our joy our pain our hope our fear
and burn it away burn it away burn it away

making space for all that is new

natural rythms
I am making new ones
creating new cycles
back in the ancient childhood ones
which include the upcoming autumn
which I welcome with open heart open eyes open senses

So I also quit coffee this week
this is my fourth day
started when I couldn't keep any food down
I really had an opportunity to let go of this
one of my last vice
(if you consider sugar a vice, I go back and forth on that one..)
so yes, so far so good

and the next steps are becoming clearer
not ready to put them into any form here yet
but it's coming clearer
and looking different than I expected

Also moved rooms, which is so wonderful
now I have two windows, both looking out onto all green and rocks
got away from the slamityslam flush gurgle gurle of the bathroom
this is my third move since I've been here
a welcome change for this girl who
was in the same apartment for eight years

And tonight
I sing in the talent show
one of my big goals for the summer
Hold On....

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I used every opportunity to take my burner eyes and heart and soul into my daily moments this week... it had me run with the wind and pick leaves up off the ground and see art in shingles... I was on the playa up to this very hour ago. We even tried to create a fire, collected wood, but alas the beach we chose would not allow. I'm burning burning and I've been with you ini spirit all week. Wow, though, eight years. Love the rhythms and the descent into autumn... thinking of you, H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home