Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Loves



My beautiful friends Katia and Pete are getting married (again) this weekend
I had the honor of attending and participating in their wedding last year on the playa
It was such a beautiful spectacle of abundance and love
One of my most favorite ever

They had their baby Lucia this year
a gorgeous bubbly light in this world
and I was a happy neighbor to be living down the street
and be able to witness the latter part of the process
what a blessing
I learn so much about being pregnant having babies
from these beautiful women in my life who let me in
on the more intimate details of how it really is
thanks my beautiful sister

So they hold ceremony this weekend
for family and friends to witness their love
Katia posted this "Prayer" in honor
and I repost it to hold it true
and I will be holding them close
in my heart and song
I love yous!


Prayer by Lisa Colt
May we reveal our abundance without shame.may we peel back our sleeping wintry layers...like snakeskins, like the silk chrysalis,like clothing cast off during love.May we unravel with abandon like lover’s knotsbefore knitting ourselves back to the heart.May we settle into our own rhythms as tides dowithin the borders of the moon’s calling.May the music of our soulbe accompanied by grand gesturesand the persistent clapping of hummingbirds wings.May the milky fingers of the moonreach down nightly to cherish and unveil us.May we turn our bodies generously in it’s lightlike tranquil fish glinting underwater,like precious stones.When we open our mouths to singmay the seasons pause in their long journeyto listen and applaud.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Katia said...

Oh, thank you for this. We missed you but I definitely felt your presence in my heart. I am back at work on your juju so I'm thinking about you a lot. Making big progress now that the wedding is behind us. I think I will complete it this week. Should I send it to the same address that I sent the wedding invite?

I am so enjoying watching your journey unfold here on joujoujolliejunket. :)

Lots of love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home