Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"You can't beat God"



To take a quote from a dear friend of mine
Look at these Japanese Lanterns
And this is in their skeletal state
Usually they are orangey and full and gorgeous
I prefer them this way, haunting
Took these pictures while my sis mom and gma and I
were looking for a new place for my mom to live in Connecticut
It's that time that she settles up there with my dear gma
who despite her two mile a day walk
needs the comfort of knowing that someone is nearby
"just in case"
In some way these lanterns are a vivid reminder
of what happens to us as we age
We might loose some of our color and fullness
But truly
I know when I look at these lanterns and my Gma I know
We just get more beautiful

You really can't beat God

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Katia said...

lovely post.
xo,
k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home